[Mageia-dev] Problem with NetworkManager and system wide connections

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Mon Oct 15 11:44:00 CEST 2012

15.10.2012 12:18, Colin Guthrie kirjutas:
> We could of course tweak the default polkit policy here to not require
> that, but is that wise in and off itself? e.g. you wouldn't want a
> student to reconfigure the terminals in a university network without
> authorisation. It should likely be tied to security levels in some capacity.
>
> Col
Yes, i wouldn't want that. But the question is not about configuring.
It's about reconnecting. It can perfectly connect at boot w/o asking any
password. Now connection drops and all it should do is reconnect as it
did at boot. Why ask for password now? :/
It should be quite easy to reproduce, just unplug router and plug it
back, wifi is available but you are prompted for root password to
connect. I don't want to share my root password so user could reconnect,
other option seems to be reboot which isn't quite normal solution either :)

--
Sander