[Mageia-dev] cinelerra/audiokonverter/arista (war Re: rehashing the faac issue)

Christiaan Welvaart cjw at daneel.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 31 21:09:36 CET 2012

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012, PhilippeDidier wrote:

> I don't know actually how to create *.aac files or *.mp4 files with
> Mageia... if you help me I will be happy...

ffmpeg -i foo.mp3 -strict -2 -codec:a aac -format adts foo.aac

But AFAIK this uses the ffmpeg internal aac codec which isn't very good.
   -codec:a libvo_aacenc      produces garbage, no idea why

About arista: someone decided to use the internal ffmpeg lib from
gstreamer-ffmpeg for gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg which broke arista. Now arista
must be ported to gstreamer1.0 .

     Christiaan