[Mageia-dev] Real Time Kernel version

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 20:20:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have a question. Is there a reason why the Real Time version of the
kernel is always under the desktop version?
I just checked and installed both the last desktop kernel and rt
kernel from Cauldron here:
ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/mageia/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/media/core/release/
Kernel desktop is 3.5.3 but Real Time is 3.4.9.

My main problem is that the support of the Wacom Intuos 5 tablet
exists only since the Kernel 3.5. I just tested on Mageia 2 (normal
one, I only installed the new kernels from Cauldron). It works with
the desktop kernel 3.5.3, not with the 3.4.9 rt kernel.
So that would be nice to support a 3.5 real time kernel in Mageia 3. :-)

Jehan