[Mageia-dev] need some help to build a linuxsampler.rpm

Pierre-Malo Deniélou pierre-malo.denielou at rhul.ac.uk
Sat Sep 22 19:44:57 CEST 2012

Le 22/09/12 14:26,PhilippeDidier nous adresse ces quelques mots :
> Thanks a lot Pierre-Malo !
>
> I only modified this
>
> %build
> %configure2_5x
> %make LDFLAGS="-lpthread"
>

> And it works now !!!!!!
>
> But I don't understand why I have to add this for Mageia2 when it is not
> needed for Mandriva ...
> Is there something badly configured on my system ?
> Is it a package problem in glibc-2.14.1-8.mga2 or in glibc-devel ?
>
> Does it reveal a Mageia's bug ?

It reveals that before the --as-needed option was activated by default,
which led to some problems:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Overlinking_issues_in_packaging
So --as-needed is no longer used, but the underlinking happens ;-)
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Underlinking_issues_in_packaging

Anyway, this is not a bug, just the consequence of different choices
made for the distrib between Mandriva and Mageia.
Cheers,
--
Malo