[Mageia-dev] new fonts?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 25 04:18:45 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-24 16:58 (GMT+0400) Dimitri composed:

> The changes in default fonts might be related to recent
> fonts-ttf-liberation update. Since 2.00, this package ships fontconfig
> settings that by default substitute Liberation fonts for "sans-serif",
> "serif" and "mono" families. This is done
> by /etc/fonts/conf.d/59-liberation-*.conf files (in fact, just symlinks
> to /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/59-liberation-*.conf). I am too much
> accustomed to my usual font set, so I trashed those symlinks
> immediately :)

I keep my fontconfig priorities for serif, sans serif and monospace families
set to the Google Droids, regardless what's been chosen by the distro.
Running at 120 DPI or higher, all the legibly large enough sizes look great
without much impact from font smoothing settings. The sizes too small to read
anyway don't matter.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/