[Mageia-dev] new fonts?

Anssi Hannula anssi at mageia.org
Sat Sep 29 02:23:57 CEST 2012

27.09.2012 09:55, EatDirt kirjoitti:
> On 25/09/12 21:54, David Walser wrote:
>

>> This topic came up in the packagers meeting.  It was stated that:
>> - the change was initiated by Thierry Vignaud (tv)
>> - the change was also done in Fedora
>
> Ah, thanks for the infos!
> Although I think the first reason is a good reason (tv), the second is
> not. Have you seen their logo, it looks like facebook :)))
>

>> Possibilities:
>> 1) revert this change
>> 2) someone put their foot down and decide we're sticking with this
>> Also, if it's really that bothersome for some people, maybe it would
>> be good to have an easy way for users to change this locally.
>
> Personally 1); but 2) + a user-friendly way to change it is good too.

3) Fix the issue. Fedora actually has DejaVu fonts as default with
higher priority and Liberation fonts with a lower priority.
Unfortunately, we only have the Liberation part of that from Fedora,
causing it to be set as default.

In fact, our fonts-ttf-dejavu was updated over a year ago to include the
config file setting DejaVu with higher priority, but it was never
submitted. I've just fixed a bug in the pkg and submitted it, so that
fonts get back to normal.

It'd be really nice if someone looked over our font packages and fonts
config stuff and compared them to Fedora stuff, we may have yet more
WTFs in there...

--
Anssi Hannula