[Mageia-dev] M3 beta - where to report problems?

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 8 21:48:38 CEST 2013

On 04/08/2013 02:41 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> No, it doesn't.  When I ran XFdrake the test did display colours,
> though at a resolution I wouldn't want to work with :-)  However, on
> reboot I still have a backlit black screen.
>
> I'm sure you are on the right track.  It's not radeon, though, it's
> Intel 810 and later.  I see that listed in XFdrake, but if I try to
> use it I'm told that there are no screens.  Not sure what that means,
> though.
>
> When booting into rescue, I saw several items listed as "Intel
> Corporation:NM10/ICH7 Family" which sounds right to me.
>
> So - I need Intel drivers (and firmware).  Can I use the same rescue
> processes to get the Internet working so that I can download them?
>
> Odd, though, that even VESA didn't work.

Let me get this straight.  You ran XFdrake for VESA chrooted to your
root partition, got a decent test, and the real boot *still* screws up
?  Weird.

If you follow the process I gave, you should be able to start the
network from within the chroot (provided you were able to start it from
the rescue boot), or else it should already be up.  You should then be
able to run urpmi from within the chroot to install the firmware
packages from nonfree.

You'll need at least kernel-firmware-nonfree.  Here's what else is there:

[root at ftgme2 ftg]# cd /mnt/cauldron/x86_64/media/nonfree/release
[root at ftgme2 release]# ls *firm*
atmel-firmware-1.3-5.mga3.nonfree.noarch.rpm
bluez-firmware-1.2-9.mga3.nonfree.noarch.rpm
ipw2100-firmware-1.3-5.mga3.nonfree.noarch.rpm
ipw2200-firmware-3.1-3.mga3.nonfree.noarch.rpm
ivtv-firmware-20080701-1.mga3.nonfree.noarch.rpm
kernel-firmware-nonfree-20130307-1.mga3.nonfree.noarch.rpm
radeon-firmware-20120322-5.mga3.nonfree.noarch.rpm
ralink-firmware-20130307-1.mga3.nonfree.noarch.rpm
rtlwifi-firmware-20130307-1.mga3.nonfree.noarch.rpm
speedtouch-firmware-0.1-10.mga3.nonfree.noarch.rpm

If that doesn't work, then it sounds like your TTY configuration is
screwed, and if that's the case, I'm tapped out.  Colin would probably
be the best one to ask what controls getty under systemd and how it's
configured.