[Mageia-dev] beta 4 installer notes

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 07:03:44 CEST 2013

On 10 April 2013 06:58, Liam R E Quin <liam at holoweb.net> wrote:
>> > (5) a message,
>> >     "script failed for mailman_2.1.15-3.mga3-x86-64:"
>> >
>> >     (there was a blank line underneath but no more text)
>>
>> the exact error should be in your /root/drakx/install.log (also included
>> in your /root/drakx/report.bug.xz)
>
> it is, but the blank message doesn't seem very polished.

we can just be notified by rpm there was an error in a callback.
We don't have details at that stage.
Those were spit by rpm itself in the log file.
There's nothing we can do

> [[
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.J7elL9: line 31: crontab: command not found
> /usr/sbin/postconf: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address
> support: Address family not supported by protocol
> postalias: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address support:
> Address family not supported by protocol
> su: Insufficient credentials to access authentication data
> su: Insufficient credentials to access authentication data
> %post(mailman-2.1.15-3.mga3.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
> mailman-2.1.15-3.mga3.x86_64
> ]]

This is due to moving 'filesystem' %post script in basesystem-minimal I think.
Could be fixed by making mailman doing this:
   Requires(post): basesystem-minimal

Colin, could you grep for packages invoking su in their post script so that
we can fix them all?