[Mageia-dev] beta 4 installer notes

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Apr 10 10:19:24 CEST 2013

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 10/04/13 06:03 did gyre and gimble:

>>> the exact error should be in your /root/drakx/install.log (also included
>>> in your /root/drakx/report.bug.xz)
>>
>> it is, but the blank message doesn't seem very polished.
>
> we can just be notified by rpm there was an error in a callback.
> We don't have details at that stage.
> Those were spit by rpm itself in the log file.
> There's nothing we can do
>
>> [[
>> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.J7elL9: line 31: crontab: command not found
>> /usr/sbin/postconf: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address
>> support: Address family not supported by protocol
>> postalias: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address support:
>> Address family not supported by protocol
>> su: Insufficient credentials to access authentication data
>> su: Insufficient credentials to access authentication data
>> %post(mailman-2.1.15-3.mga3.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
>> mailman-2.1.15-3.mga3.x86_64
>> ]]
>
> This is due to moving 'filesystem' %post script in basesystem-minimal I think.

Out of completeness, why does this cause problems? Also I see no %post
script in basesystem-minimal anyway so not sure how it could cause
problems :D

Do you maybe mean the pretrans stuff in filesystem package itself
(written in lua)?

Even still I'm not sure how this would affect paths as the symlinks
should mean all binaries are available under the same paths as they were
before.

I can't rule it out of course, but I (so far) don't see how this could
affect things.

> Could be fixed by making mailman doing this:
>    Requires(post): basesystem-minimal

That should solve the crontab issue (so a grep for that should also be
done I guess - although having now done that, it seems only mailman uses
it :D).

> Colin, could you grep for packages invoking su in their post script so that
> we can fix them all?

Not many:

openbravo/current/SPECS/openbravo.spec
bacula/current/SPECS/bacula.spec
mailman/current/SPECS/mailman.spec
mercurial-server/current/SPECS/mercurial-server.spec
cyrus-imapd/current/SPECS/cyrus-imapd.spec