[Mageia-dev] M3 beta - where to report problems?

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 10 13:00:59 CEST 2013

On 04/10/2013 05:06 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I went through the following steps again:
> 1) Boot the rescue system
> 2) drvinst
> 3) mount your root as /mnt
> 4) do a "mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev
> 5) do a "chroot /mnt"
> 6) do a "mount -t proc none /proc"
> 7) do a "mount -t sysfs none /sys"
> 8) do "XFdrake"
> 9) choose the x11 VESA or VGA driver (way down at bottom of list)
>
> except that this time I chose the Other:VESA (generic) driver.  On
> closing XFdrake I got
>
> ioctl EVIOCGBIT failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> Is this to be expected?  Anyway, on reboot it was exactly the same as
> before.

No idea, sorry.

> Starting afresh, I followed the steps up to running XFdrake (but not
> running XFdrake yet).  I tried 'ifup eth0' but 'Running in chroot.
> Ignoring request'.  After "exit" this changed to "Running in chroot.
> ignoring request. ./network-functions: line 260: cd:
> /var/run/netreport: No such file or directory.

I guess just bring up eth0 before entering the chroot

> Incidentally, how do you reboot or shutdown when in chroot - and/or
> how do you reverse the chroot?

chroot starts a shell.  When you exit from that shell, you're out of the
chroot.  An "ls /mnt" should indicate where you are: if you see all of
your root partition's root directories, you're out of it. Inside it,
/mnt will contain whatever it contains on your root partition (if it
even exists).

> So - I'm back in console, without running any of the steps yet.  Can
> you give me the command to add the non-free source and tell me how to
> get eth0 working?

It's "urpmi.addmedia', but the exact syntax depends on where your mirror
is.  Check the man page.