[Mageia-dev] Last.fm-Scrobbler

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 20:35:06 CET 2013

Götz Waschk <goetz.waschk at ...> writes:
> Dear Last.fm fans,
>
> I have updated the lastfm-player package in svn to the latest upstream
> version 2.1.33. It is working fine on my Mga2 notebook. What do you
> think, can this still be included in Mga2? If so, who'd push it? It
> has a dep on an updated version of liblastfm, so it would be advisable
> to test if clementine and tomahawk still work with that.

Yes, it would be good to have this; we generally try to keep things up to date
that interact with an online service.

I haven't tried the Cauldron version, but on Mageia 2 Amarok is double-scrobbling
most songs, so there must have been a protocol change, so it'd be really good at
least to have liblastfm up to date.

It's really frustrating how every time there's a new version of liblastfm, the
URLs change.  Make sure you do update them in the SPEC though, don't just add a
comment.  I just fixed it this time.

Just make sure that clementine, tomahawk, and amarok all still compile with it.