[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release nagios-plugins-1.4.16-6.mga3

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 18:58:43 CET 2013

Le 16/02/2013 18:38, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz a écrit :
> I thinkgyou are mis undestanding me, maybe not well deployed but it is though.
>
> Idea is next;
> - when you install  nagios plugin, then nagios-plugins is requiered, and then
> you are asked to get nagios daemon OR nrpe daemon.
That's just wrong. You don't need nagios or nrpe to run plugins.

> - if you instal nagios daemon, then nagios-plugin required
> - if you install nrpe daemon, then some nagios-check_*, and then nagios-
> plugins by consecuence
>
> I see the cyclic, but i dont see problem since if you install nagios, nagios-
> agent will be provided and then cyclick required will be satisfied
The problem is not that it can't be satisfied, just that they are
usually irrelevant, and troublesome for dependencies resolver.

Just revert this change, or I'll do it myself.
--
BOFH excuse #452:

Somebody ran the operating system through a spelling checker.