[Mageia-dev] nss-ldap missing ?

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Wed Feb 20 01:22:21 CET 2013

On 02/12/2013 11:23 AM, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Al 09/02/13 01:36, En/na JA Magallón ha escrit:
>
>> I looked at some boxes on Uni with CentOS and use also nss-pam-ldapd (and
>> CentOS is a not-so-up-to-date distro...). I migrated my Mageia boxes to
>> that (both mga2 and mga3) and all is working fine.
>
> Would you be so kind to explain the migration procedure?
>
> TIA

Sorry for the late answer...
It really simple, just save your current ldap.conf/ldap.secret, config can be
copied to new config files, syntax is similar.
Install nss-pam-ldapd, urpmi will delete nss_ldap and pam_ldap.
Copy the URI lines and secret to nslcd.conf, and start nslcd service.
The only different thing (for what I used, I have a fairly simple setup)
is the way of filtering users for machine access, it is even simpler in
nss-pam-ldapd, you have 'filter' lines for passwd/shadow etc..

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...