[Mageia-dev] nss-ldap missing ?

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:29:39 CET 2013

Le 20/02/2013 01:22, JA Magallón a écrit :

> It really simple, just save your current ldap.conf/ldap.secret, config
> can be
> copied to new config files, syntax is similar.
> Install nss-pam-ldapd, urpmi will delete nss_ldap and pam_ldap.
> Copy the URI lines and secret to nslcd.conf, and start nslcd service.
> The only different thing (for what I used, I have a fairly simple setup)
> is the way of filtering users for machine access, it is even simpler in
> nss-pam-ldapd, you have 'filter' lines for passwd/shadow etc..
You only need a secret in this configuration if you either need to
authenticate for read access, or if you intend to perform changes in
your ldap content through pam interface (for instance, to have root user
be able to change user password via passwd command). Otherwise, it is
perfectly useless.

--
BOFH excuse #270:

Someone has messed up the kernel pointers