[Mageia-dev] weird dependencies that i've seen

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 19:29:46 CET 2013

AL13N <alien at ...> writes:
> 1. this more that xscreensaver requires chbg (does kscreensaver use this
> part?
> if not, maybe xscreensaver can be packaged separately), or chbg requires
> gtk+ code (maybe recode would be better to be gtk/qt independant)

chbg is used by the default screensaver we ship with xscreensaver, originally
implemented by mdv.  If someone implements a new default screensaver that
doesn't use chbg, we could potentially change this.

> 2, i understand for skype, but it's quite the dirty solution, perhaps a getter
> with requirements is better than just having everyone installing 32deps...

If something is required by skype, shouldn't it be required by the get-skype
package, so it's only installed for those who need it?