[Mageia-dev] «mageia-maintainers-database» - explicit version of ruby-rails in Requires? Why?

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Sat Jan 5 08:25:11 CET 2013

Hi.

I'm browsing through http://check.mageia.org/cauldron/dependencies.html, looking for maintainer-less packages to fix before the comming version freeze.

«mageia-maintainers-database» is one of the packages I've found, and I'm puzzled as to why it have an explicit version requirement on ruby-rails.
Can anyone enlighten me as to why that is?
Would something break if I removed the version from the «Requires: rubygem(tails)» line and pushed it?

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324