[Mageia-dev] Regression testing for generated RPM

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:52:53 CET 2013

Le 10/01/2013 14:18, Jochen Breuer a écrit :
> Thanks Guillame. I wasn't aware of this and did not manage to find that
> in the wiki. I thought the only tests performed where RPM lint checks,
> manual checks by the QA and some undefined checks by the maintainers.
>
> Anyhow, I assume the 'make test' is performed on the build server. Your
> experiences might prove me wrong, but wouldn't it be better to perform
> tests on a different installation?
Probably, indeed, because the environment would be closer to an actual
usage environment. But this is hardly measurable.

And you have to balance the added value of those additional tests with
the manpower needed to setup a new test infrastructure, integrate it
with current build system, and maintain it... I heard the sysadmin team
was looking for volonteers, if you're interested :P

--
BOFH excuse #174:

Backbone adjustment