[Mageia-dev] Feedback on Mageia 3 beta1

Claire Robinson eeeemail at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:21:59 CET 2013

On 18/01/13 02:02, Davy Defaud wrote:
> Le 17/01/2013 14:27, Claire Robinson a écrit :
>> On 16/01/13 23:10, Davy Defaud wrote:
>>> Dear Mageia packagers,
>>>
>>> Now that it's time for polishing, I'd like to give a feedback on my own
>>> experience with mga3 beta1.
>>>
>>> I've installed a mga3 beta1 x86_64 (DVD GNOME install) as soon as it has
>>> been released on a brand new SSD
>> Hi Davy
>>
>> Can I tempt you into joining the QA team to help us in pre-release
>> testing? We're currently testing beta2 ISOs. I think it's something you
>> might enjoy.
>>
>> If you'd like to get involved please subscribe to qa-discuss mailing
>> list [1] and send a Hello. It takes your mageia registered
>> email/password to log in rather than username/password.
>>
>> If you then add your details as a tester [2] I'll send you a login and
>> some information on what and how to test.
>>
>> [1] https://ml.mageia.org/wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi/info/qa-discuss
>> [2] https://wiki.mageia.org/en/QA_ISO_testers
>>
>> Sadly we get many more people enrol to do testing than actually do any
>> testing so we're always looking for interested people.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Claire (MrsB)
>>

> Hi temptress ;)
>
> If you don't need too much reactivity, I could be your man.
> I've always hesitated to become a packager because I was afraid of not
> being able to a be reactive enough.
> But give some time to QA, when I have some, should be doable...
>
> Davy

There are two main things we do in QA. We test the ISOs before they are
released to try and find any bugs before they are sent to the mirrors.
We also test every update made to stable releases.

See here for more info: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/QA_Team

We're currently in the middle of testing for 3beta2, waiting for a 2nd
build at the moment, if you'd like to get involved in that. It tends to
be a mad week of long days.

Our 'bread and butter' work is in testing updates though.

See you on the list! (or IRC)

Claire (MrsB)