[Mageia-dev] Feedback on Mageia 3 beta1

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Thu Jan 17 17:36:53 CET 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 00:10:35 +0100, Davy Defaud wrote:

> I've also noticed that the installer hasn't automatically proposed GRUB2
> as the default bootloader, whereas my root partition wasn't accessible
> from GRUB legacy and I had no independent ext3 /boot. Of course, this
> shouldn't be a problem if GRUB2 becomes the default bootloader for the
> final mga3...

Defaulting to GRUB2 would likely confuse many newcomers to Linux, so -
at least for the time being - I hope it will not be the default**.

Those who *know* that they need GRUB2 would still be able to get it.

   (** Except where the installer detects that the machine *must use*
GRUB2, which can then be flagged to the user. )

--
/\/\aurice
	(Retired in Surrey, UK)     Registered Linux User #487649