[Mageia-dev] Release critical bugs for Mageia 3

Glen Ogilvie nelg at linuxsolutions.co.nz
Sun Mar 17 03:28:44 CET 2013

On 16 March 2013 03:25, Anne Nicolas <anne.nicolas at hupstream.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> We are in the last run for Mageia 3 final release. We have postponed the
> final release and added a beta 4 to give us some more time. The problem is
> we *still* have 59 bugs in list... We *must* all focus on it. Fixing bugs
> is for sure less fun than testing new versions and developing new
> functionnalities. But we are also working for Mageia users and we want to
> deliver a new version and make everybody happy with it.
>
> So here is a review of these bugs:
>
> https://docs.google.com/**spreadsheet/ccc?key=**
> 0Ao3phYOTRNeQdEEtSjBSSWkxTmdIc**mJZcGtfYjN1NVE&usp=sharing<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao3phYOTRNeQdEEtSjBSSWkxTmdIcmJZcGtfYjN1NVE&usp=sharing>
>
> See the comments for each of them. We need help on testing, debugging and
> fixing bugs. Everybody can help. Please add your name if you want to help
> on one of them. Do not hesitate to ask any question here or on irc.

Good email, I agree, we have quite a few bugs in the installer at
present.   I am not an expert at fixing installer bugs, but can help with
testing and reporting them. Installer bugs I think are pretty critical to
the release, as a lot of these are not something that can be fixed later.

Glen

PS: Is https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Drakx-installer_tips_and_tricks the best
place to look on how to debug installer issues?