[Mageia-dev] USB Keyboard disabled in current stage1

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 17:43:50 CET 2013

On 18 March 2013 15:20, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> Trying a fresh install this morning (booting isolinux from grub), the
>> "select your install type" curses menu comes up, but the keyboard is
>> completely unresponsive.  There's no problem with the keyboard itself,
>> as it worked fine to navigate the grub menu to select isolinux.
>>
>> Isolinux gives the normal "Detecting USB devices" popup, but I suspect
>> that it's not working, as the keyboard is USB.  This is reinforced by
>> the fact that the keyboard works perfectly booting the same isolinux in
>> a VirtualBox VM.
>>
>> This was working OK on Mar 11 afternoon EST when I did the last install
>> on this box.
>
> Perhaps stage1 is missing some kernel modules now that usb support on
> recent kernels split them up a bit.

I doub that since we've stage1 with kernel-3.8 since Feb 28

> I don't know the setup with stage1 enough to know if this is where the
> problem lies or not tho'.

This _could_ be this commit:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=7542

You could try:
- rebuilding drakx-installer-stage1 with reverting this commit,
- rebuilding drakx-installer-images with new drakx-installer-stage1
- then boot the new boot.iso or vmlinuz+all.rdz