[Mageia-dev] USB Keyboard disabled in current stage1

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Mar 18 15:20:56 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Frank Griffin at 18/03/13 13:49 did gyre and gimble:
> Trying a fresh install this morning (booting isolinux from grub), the
> "select your install type" curses menu comes up, but the keyboard is
> completely unresponsive.  There's no problem with the keyboard itself,
> as it worked fine to navigate the grub menu to select isolinux.
>
> Isolinux gives the normal "Detecting USB devices" popup, but I suspect
> that it's not working, as the keyboard is USB.  This is reinforced by
> the fact that the keyboard works perfectly booting the same isolinux in
> a VirtualBox VM.
>
> This was working OK on Mar 11 afternoon EST when I did the last install
> on this box.

Perhaps stage1 is missing some kernel modules now that usb support on
recent kernels split them up a bit.

Here is the fix for that in dracut:
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/boot/dracut/dracut.git/commit/?id=a28e2aeefec38f9118f36b3324e44d6a7d4fda7c

I don't know the setup with stage1 enough to know if this is where the
problem lies or not tho'.