[Mageia-dev] drakxtools & drakx-installer-stage2 (mga#9428)

Glen Ogilvie nelg at linuxsolutions.co.nz
Fri Mar 22 12:20:52 CET 2013

Hi,

I've been trying to test the installer change below before RC4, thinking
that it might be quite helpful.

I am having a little bit of trouble however.  Could someone point me in the
right direction on a couple
of things.

1. How does the src tar.xz file for drakx-installer-stage2 get created?   I
assume it comes from a
build of svn://svn.mageia.org/svn/soft/drakx/trunk, but can't find how it
ends up as a tar.xz

2. When I've built a new stage2, any tricks on getting it into an ISO?

I tried building an ISO based on beta3, with the new stage2, using
something like:
  mkisofs -o
~nelg/Mageia-3-beta3-x86_64-DVD/Mageia-3-beta3-x86_64-DVD-stage2.iso -b
x86_64/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot.catalog  -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size
4 -iso-level 4 -J -R /tmp/tt/

This is clearly not right.  Is the a documented method I should use to
build a new ISO with a modified stage2?
In the docs I have read:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Drakx-installer_tips_and_tricks#rebuild_the_stage_2
and svn://svn.mageia.org/svn/soft/drakx/trunk/docs/README, I have not been
able to find instructions on actually putting together an ISO.

Is:
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/How_to_remaster_a_personal_Mandriva-based_ISO
relevant for Mageia?  I guess not, as mkcd does not seem to exist in Mageia.

So, a quick howto, or pointing me to the right documentation would be great
:)

Regards
Glen Ogilvie