[Mageia-dev] drakxtools & drakx-installer-stage2 (mga#9428)

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Fri Mar 22 12:38:56 CET 2013

On 03/22/2013 07:20 AM, Glen Ogilvie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to test the installer change below before RC4,
> thinking that it might be quite helpful.
>
> I am having a little bit of trouble however.  Could someone point me
> in the right direction on a couple
> of things.
>
> 1. How does the src tar.xz file for drakx-installer-stage2 get
> created?   I assume it comes from a
> build of svn://svn.mageia.org/svn/soft/drakx/trunk
> <http://svn.mageia.org/svn/soft/drakx/trunk>, but can't find how it
> ends up as a tar.xz

I'm maybe about two days ahead of you on this, but here's what I think
happens, FWIW.  You do your checkout, and then in the mdk-stage1
subdirectory, do a "make dist-svn".  This should produce the tar.xz in
the mdk-stage1 directory.

> 2. When I've built a new stage2, any tricks on getting it into an ISO?

The tar.xz you built above becomes one of the SOURCES for the
drakx-installer-binaries package.  If you bring that package down to
your rpm/SRPMS directory and do an "rpm -ivh" on it, you'll find a
tar.xz file for mdk-stage1 in rpm/SOURCES.  You can either replace this
with the one you generated above, or I think there is a --(keyword) that
will tell rpm to look somewhere else (your svn directory) for SOURCES.

Then rebuild drakx-installer-binaries with the new tar.xz.

Finally, download the SRPM for drakx-installer-images, and build *it*
using the new drakx-installer-binaries.  The final binary rpm will
include all of the stuff (like boot.iso) that goes in the install
directories of the cauldron tree.