[Mageia-discuss] Future of mageia

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:38:55 CEST 2010

2010/9/22 nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, neo67 wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> also in Germany there starts a discussion about mandriva - mageia.
>> PCLinuxOS, which was and is a good KDE distribution was/is based on
>> mandriva and I think, that the PCLOS people thinks about their future
>> with mandriva.
>>
>> Is it not a good idea to ask texstar to build up a distribution, which
>> contains pclos and the goals of mageia in one?
>> Think about it. It make no sense, that there are hundreds of several
>> distributions on the market....
>
> If texstar and other people want to join Mageia project, I think they're
> welcome. But nobody is forced to join. They can have their own
> distribution if they want, that's their choice ...

Exactly my opinion. texstar had his reasons (his opinion) to leave
Mandriva, actually he was the first to fork Mandrakelinux (as it was
called by that time). All those who are thinking about some merge or
whatever with PCLOS should keep that in mind.

As Oliver and Nicolas I would welcome anybody joining Mageia but now
that this new project is on its way to find its identity it should not
give up any of that by joining other existing projects.