[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Wed Sep 22 21:21:25 CEST 2010

> I am torn, on the ML vs Forums thing. I like forums, and I think for
> normal users it would be easier for them. but; for more active devs/user
> other Mageia personnel a ML would be better.
>
> not, sure how to resolve it, its an age old question.
>
> -Nex6

Got it. So public forums seem best for the interest of the general
public, ML (mailist) most likely best for devs mostly due to their
speed? I would imagine though, that devs on ML would spend some amount
(hopefully not that much) repeating requests for lack of easy access to
prior emails. Is this what happens with devs? Do you find that you will
spend a certain amount of time re-hashing emails as you would have
missed some prior talk on a subject?

Most concern then would be about the dangers of the detachment of both
groups to one other -- hoping that somewhere along the line, devs and
the public could have a place to mix so as not to lose touch with each
other.

A community is a little different from a business. The community members
are all partners. There is no master-servant relationship, more of a
direction-relationship.

Marc