[Mageia-discuss] KDE 4.5.1

Mihai Dobrescu msdobrescu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 13:56:40 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Mihai Dobrescu <msdobrescu at gmail.com>
> > On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Oliver Burger
> > > I think so, too. And it was said a number of times. Mageia is not
> created
> > > to work against Mandriva. So why should we try to highjack packages?
> > Yes, it is possible if Mageia is better than Mandriva to harm Mandriva...
> > Will you ever be one step back just not to harm it?
>
> No, I didn't say that. I didn't say anything about staying one (or any)
> steps
> behind Mandriva. I was just against highjacking something. If there are
> packages for Mandriva let them use them.
> There won't be a first release of Mageia for quite some time, I think.
> Perhaps
> in three/for month, who knows? Sure we should use the newest stable
> versions
> of every software we use, then and sure we can experiment with software not
> so
> stable in the Cauldron, but let's wait till we really have something to
> work
> with!
>
> Oliver

Of course, I was rhetorical. Let's do it! As best as we could! (if I can say
that in English) But organized. Every thing at its time. It is hard to
temper the enthusiasm. It's hard to temper the rush. But it's necessary in
order to do the things right. What means to build KDE for Mandriva/Mageia? I
mean beyond retrieving sources, make and make install?