[Mageia-discuss] Think about bugzilla monitoring?

Farfouille farfouille64 at free.fr
Sat Sep 25 14:31:20 CEST 2010

Le 25/09/2010 14:03, André Machado a écrit :
> Short answer : by using language of higher level than C or C++.
>
> Which one ? : Java, D, Vala.
>
> Java is a bit slow and if Mageia tools is developed under this or another similar language, they will became dependant of this language runtime environment.

Please André don't break the thread once again. Use the reply command of
your mailer to reply to messages ar change your mailer, but it become
awkward to see you breaking threads, while you have already been warned
about this. BTW, I answer back on the original thread (at least I try)No
offense (I am not an englidh native speaker).

Slowness of Java is a myth now a day. I currently work in a big french
company who build an embedded time critical system (missile trajectory
detection and self defense response. Yes it is about weapons.).
Everything runs on GNU/linux in Java.

Java is definitively not slow to make interactive programs. About the
dependency several points :
- Java is now free and open source, so the dependency is relative
- low level libraries can still be done in C/C++ with well crafted
bindings to high level languages
- there are other candidates, D for instance or Vala for Gobject/Gnome
programming which have no dependencies on runtime if, for some reason
and some projects, runtime dependency is a concern.

Cheers
Farfouille