[Mageia-discuss] Mageia's strategy

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 26 19:28:56 CEST 2010

2010/9/26 P. Christeas <p_christ at hol.gr>:

> Let me rant in a rather non-polite tone:
> why does *every* Linux distro have to be for Windows users?? Why does every
> product need to be targeted at stupid people? (obvious answer: there is lots
> of them)

Ah, sorry, I do not quite understand. Last time I used Windows (except
the occasional browser in an internet cafe), was middle of the
nineties. So, were Mandriva and all the others not made for me?

I've been a Linux user not a Windows user for many years, and I always
thought Mandriva, Fedora, openSUSE, Debian, whatever, was made for me!
I know to use vi and emacs, I know to use fluxbox and similar lean
systems. But I also like knotify and the "modern desktop trends". So I
am not a Linux user?

As long as I know how to do it the "basic way" I do not feel "non
Linux" when I use KDE 4 or whatever you may regard as "windowish".