[Mageia-discuss] rpm or deb?

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Mon Sep 27 02:19:57 CEST 2010

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010, Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela wrote:

> Being a Mandriva fork we would logically stick with it's tools and
> packaging system.

Agreed, if we start questioning everything we might as well all go home.

Mandriva/Mageia are rpm distros and I would expect them to stay like
that otherwise we could just all use Debian or one of it's derivatives.

urpmi is at least as good as apt-get, if anyone finds that urpmi lacks a
feature that apt-get has, then please suggest it (not now, later when
Mageia is set up) so it can be considered to add that feature to urpmi,
but that's definitely not a reason to abandon urpmi.