[Mageia-discuss] IRC community channels - need a ruling from the board

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Tue Oct 5 17:37:29 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 05 October 2010, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from Gustavo Giampaoli <giampaoli.gustavo at gmail.com> who wrote:

> Yes, people from Paraguay in some cases, speak Guarani too. And mix
> both languages. But they can speak Spanish only. I know it because I
> know people from Paraguay, born in Paraguay, that came here for work.
> And guess what? We both speak Spanish!!!!! Wow!!!! And we can
> understand each other!!!!!!

With the distinction that, when they speak the Spanish you understand, they
are not speaking their mother-tongue, but a similar foreign language, which
they had to learn at school; like the Scots who speaks English instead of
Broad Scots, so he can be understood by the Sasenachs.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
             The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents
                     and the second half by our children.