[Mageia-discuss] Mageia governance model draft

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Tue Oct 5 17:48:46 CEST 2010

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010, Romain d'Alverny wrote:

> Teams are made of at least two sub-groups (from a credentials point of view):
>  * "Apprentices" (people being mentored into the team - someone
> suggested "petit scarabée" as a label but...)
>  * and "Masters".

[...]

Romain, that sound like a very rigid regimented structure that I fear
will cause "i'm better than you" kind of feelings, etc.

I don't see the point in strictly classifying people in either masters
or slaves (sorry, freudian slip, i meant apprentices) because skill
levels are a lot more varied and fluid than just two classes.

Of course there will be mentors and mentored but there is no need to
create a rigid two class structure with priviledges for the master
class.

This sounds very much against the spirit of a collaborative community to
me.

Please also read my other related post:
http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=66&goto=596#msg_596

I hope this dual-class system is not set in stone already.