[Mageia-discuss] Mageia governance model draft

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 5 20:42:16 CEST 2010

"Romain d'Alverny" <rdalverny at gmail.com> schrieb am 2010-10-05
> Teams are made of at least two sub-groups (from a credentials point of
> view): * "Apprentices" (people being mentored into the team - someone
> suggested "petit scarabée" as a label but...)
>  * and "Masters".
> The idea is that Masters have voting power within the team (for
> decisions or leader election) and full rights on the infrastructure.
>
> Apprentices have no voice yet and less rights on infrastructure,
> provided they are being mentored. It's then up to Masters to decide if
> an Apprentice makes it to Master or not. That's the reality behind the
> mentoring process.

In technical things I support two or more levels. There's much to learn for
little community packagers as myself as there is in any field for the
newcommers.
As you describe it, there will be a political division in oldtimers with the
power to vote and newcommers without it as well. And this I can't support.
This sounds too much like a group of oldtimers hanging on to their power (even
if it is not, and I really do believe in you trying to be as democratic as
possible).

Please don't initiate any kind of caste-system, to be as open as possible we
do need a hirarchie as flat as possible.

Oliver