[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 23 13:37:57 CEST 2010

2010/10/23 Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com>:

> LXDE, as the default lightweight fallback DE, is installed by default
> if you select KDE or GNOME :)

Oh, really? This is news for me. I thought by now I knew what is
installed on my machine....

> Well, you see, for a new user, in the first days, he probably doesn't
> yet know what is what, so he's grateful to find stuff just work, (a
> good text editor: kwrite, a terminal emulator: konsole, a familiar web
> browser: firefox... etc). It'll take him me some time before he starts
> to need to customise the system.

That's what I meant with the average profile which is not only found
on newbie machines but on most home computers, even with experienced
users. The machine which is dedicated for one category only is very
rare in home environments. In most cases a dedicated machine is a file
or print server or a multimedia box in the living room (which is a
totally different case).

--
wobo