[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat Oct 23 22:55:42 CEST 2010

Le samedi 23 octobre 2010 à 21:48 +0200, Dimitrios Glentadakis a écrit :
> 2010/10/23 Morgan Leijström <fri at tribun.eu>
>
> > Den 2010-10-23 19:23:22 skrev Michael Scherer:
> >
> > > that still doesn't really explain in what case a fallback should really
> > > be needed.
> >
> > I once fubar:ed my KDE settings
> >
> > I copied back a backup using LXDE.
> > I could have used command line.
> > But for some users command line is scary.
> >

> it happens many times, eg i did an install in a netbook with gma500 graphic
> card and i could only loggin in lxde. Another time i have messed the plasma
> configurations and fortunately i could logged in with icewm. I have many
> personal examples that i needed a light environment to repair my KDE session
> so i think that a fallback DE (i prefer icewm) is always need to be
> installed by default

then wouldn't it be better to have a way for kde to work when being too
broken ( ie, a safe mode, like windows and firefox ) ?

Because I doubt that people who are targeted by this feature of having a
2nd X session are also able to fix a kde session problem ( since the 3
examples people gave to me were KDE related ).

IE, if you know how to fix, tty can be enough, and if you don't know how
to fix, I doubt that running lxde may bring such a added value.

--
Michael Scherer