[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 00:16:57 CEST 2010

On samedi 23 octobre 2010 at 22:55, Michael Scherer wrote :
> then wouldn't it be better to have a way for kde to work when being too
> broken ( ie, a safe mode, like windows and firefox ) ?
>
> Because I doubt that people who are targeted by this feature of having a
> 2nd X session are also able to fix a kde session problem ( since the 3
> examples people gave to me were KDE related ).
>
> IE, if you know how to fix, tty can be enough, and if you don't know how
> to fix, I doubt that running lxde may bring such a added value.

You can "fix" a KDE configuration problem by removing (or renaming if there
are some important things to get back) the .kde(4) directory.
A newbie can do that, if he still has access to a file manager.

Also, if he still has access to a web browser, he can go to a forum and ask
for help.

If he don't know how to fix, he still has a working (although minimal)
environment from where he can search for help.
That's way better that re-installing.

--
Renaud Michel