[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat Oct 30 10:34:37 CEST 2010

Le vendredi 29 octobre 2010 à 21:35 +0200, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> 2010/10/29 andre999 <andr55 at laposte.net>:
> > In other words, nothing focused on bandwidth-restricted users.
> > Unless, of course, they get the DVD (or CD) without downloading it
> > themselves.
> > Which brings to mind the idea of shipping or otherwise distributing
> > ready-written DVDs and live CDs.  And why not a live DVD ?
>
> That's what the communities have been doing all the time. Example: the
> German community has an offer for such people to ask for a dvd,
> somebody will burn the dvd and send it to him via snail mail and he
> will pay (voluntarily) 5 Euros as donation to the community. As I
> learned, a similar offer is on in other communites as well. No problem
> to continue this way, /me thinks.

More ever, I think this strengthen the relation between local
communities and newer users that will discover the software.

Ths also allows the community to provides software streamlined for their
need, and spread the load of doing a cd on the community ( in term of
bandwidth, and QA costs ).

--
Michael Scherer