[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Wed Nov 3 18:51:25 CET 2010

Le 2010-11-03 12:23, Kristoffer Grundström a écrit :
> Since Linux is about opensource & Mageia is built with it, could we just
> include programs only based on opensource?
>
> For example:
>
> Gnash instead of Adobe's Flashplayer
> Java-1.6.0-openjdk instead of Java-1.6.0-sun
>
> Perhaps an option in the installer to choose between them?
>
> Also...........graphically I feel the installer & its layout is kinda
> boring.
>
> Have you compared with other installers to make a better one?
>
> I know that Windows is closed source, BUT they DO have a nice graphical
> installer.
>
> I'm talking about using Aero-effects.
>
> Here's an example of the installation-process:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgMNRt11ybU
>
> Thank you for reading.

Hi Kristopher:

We are talking about a person who has dial-up internet or no internet
connection who then asks the local Mageia Community for a copy of
Mageia. We were then wondering if the Mageia Community could give him a
Mageia disk with all of the 400+ updates already installed.

At this point we are talking about the possibilities of how to do this
and why is it that Mandriva/Mageia does not already provide and ISO disk
with all of the upgrades already installed.

Marc