[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 6 11:56:48 CET 2010

2010/11/6 Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org>:

> I understand bending backward to help those people in backward countries who
> cannot download, but should we be bothered with those, in the first world, who
> are too stingy to get a proper Internet connection ?

What is such a question supposed to be?
I do not see any difference between backward or forward countries, I
only see users with large bandwidth and such with small bandwidth. You
may never heard about it but there are large regions in the so-called
"First World" which are not yet connected to the internet in a proper
way (I know regions in Germany where you are lucky to have a dial-up
connection). As I learned there are also regions in the US which are
as far industrialized as your favourite "backward country".

Then there is the cost of fast connections - not everybody has the
money to pay for 6MBit lines in countries where such connections are
expensive. And not everybody can put internet costs on top of his
priority list.

Yes, we should be bothered with those.
--
wobo