[Mageia-discuss] Logo proposals discussion

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Sun Nov 21 19:34:30 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-21 at 15:08 +0100, Thorsten van Lil wrote:

> Maybe you should take a look at the explanation of the author.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ofaurax/5119536676/
>
> For me the couldron is enough statement for Mageia (though magic).

I thought it meant "laundry setting to boil whites".

A logo that needs an explanation like that isn't good, but it
might be a good foundation to build on.

Choosing colours (if not already done) would help -- e.g.
purple (although purple can be hard to print commercially)
or green.

The typeface there has strong associations for people living
in the US (all the road signs using it) but not for others.
At any rate, ideally, a libre font will be used.

Liam