[Mageia-discuss] Logo proposals discussion

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Sun Nov 21 21:34:16 CET 2010

Am Sonntag 21 November 2010, 19:34:30 schrieb Liam R E Quin:
> On Sun, 2010-11-21 at 15:08 +0100, Thorsten van Lil wrote:
> > Maybe you should take a look at the explanation of the author.
> >
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/ofaurax/5119536676/
> >
> > For me the couldron is enough statement for Mageia (though magic).
>
> I thought it meant "laundry setting to boil whites".
>
> A logo that needs an explanation like that isn't good, but it
> might be a good foundation to build on.

No, that is not a requirement for a logo.
The already mentioned logo of the "Deutsche Bank" has needed an explanation.
The meaning of the Ubuntu logo, which I think is one of the best logos so far,
wasn't clear to me the first few years.

Many logos didn't have a meaning and are good at all.
Logos need to be simple, recognizable, scaleable and have to look good in
monochrome as well as in color.

The marketing guys may want to add some points, which I don't think at.

Just try to imagine the logo at the collar of a shirt or at the icon in the
adressbar of the webbrowser.

Regards,
Thorsten