[Mageia-discuss] Habemus logo

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 00:55:30 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:

> I think this comment demonstrate that you do not really realize the work
> that we are already doing all day long, and how much we already invest
> on our free time.

Of course I don't realize that, and how could I possibly know the
extent of your participation? And why should it matter for this
discussion?

> If the goal is to make sure that none of those that already give their
> time can sleep because they are more overworked, then no longer count me
> in.

I would hope that is not the goal; it is not my goal. If you are
overburdened and need help, you should ask for help: there is a
community out here.

The goal in this discussion, as I understand it, is to post-mortem the
process to see if it can be improved.

Romain, although not obligated to do so, provided a reflective
response to my comments that made me feel valued as a member of the
community and I thank him for it.

You, however, feel somehow offended and defensive at my participation.
That approach generally fails to foster wider community participation
over time and inhibits the free exchange of ideas.

A wise man once taught me that there are some things you should never
say when you have asked for ideas or advice.

"We don't do it that way here."
"You just don't understand what is involved."
"You should be kissing my ass in appreciation."
and
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

--
Hoyt