[Mageia-discuss] Habemus logo

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 9 02:54:26 CET 2010

2010/12/9 Hoyt Duff <hoytduff at gmail.com>:

> Of course I don't realize that, and how could I possibly know the
> extent of your participation? And why should it matter for this
> discussion?

Well, if you had followed some of the discussions or if you would know
anything about setting up the complete infrastructure of a project
like Mageia you would know that
1. Michael has been one of the busiest participants from day 1.
2. The initial setup can not be done like "hey, community, we have to
do this and that, come help us".

This fact of heavy duty load matters for this discussion because there
was no way to add more load just because (unexpectedly) some people
would not read.

Now, about what matters in a community. Being a part of a community
project is a 2-way system. The founders have done what they thought
would be enough. They expected that other parts of the community would
do at least one thing: read what they were told many times to read.

> Romain, although not obligated to do so, provided a reflective
> response to my comments that made me feel valued as a member of the
> community and I thank him for it.

Yes, Romain something important: we all can learn. This "all" includes
everybody, not only the founders.

--
wobo