[Mageia-discuss] A name for mageia-app-db

Catalin Florin RUSSEN cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 12 21:28:20 CET 2011

> Well, I'd have to dispute  that:
> if you are talking about "agora-phobie", it is the second component  that adds

> the negative meaning, while the first one is the original  meaning.
> Like with "techno+phobie" that will not give the "techno" a negative  meaning
> itself ("techno" -> art, machinery, "-phobie" -> afraid  of).

And agora+phorie it's for the people who gets excited to be in public :)
The word "agora" alone doesn't have any negative meaning.

> I'd be more concerned if somebody else already uses "agora" for some  product
> (with a quick check, I couldn't notice any "mandrake"-like case of
> competition), rather than mis-interpretations.

I still remember that in Romania "Agora" was a publishing house that held the
"PC Report" magazine.
But on the other side, "agora" is a commodity word (used by everybody in
Greece), so it's a little bit difficult to trade mark it :)

Off-topic: every time we speak about Greek words I cannot stop thinking to the
"My Big Greek Fat Wedding" movie, where Tula's father could demonstrate to
everybody that any word in the world is ... Greek :))

Best regards,
Florin Catalin RUSSEN
Romanian Translation Team