[Mageia-discuss] Alpha 2 with the 700MB dual ISO

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Mar 15 19:33:05 CET 2011

Ok, I re-installed from scratch and selected vesa (and disabled
composite) in the installer itself, which at least makes the DM screen
work properly. Then, though, the "GNOME/openbox" session doesn't work,
probably because GNOME isn't really available in the 700MB ISO (there
is no "task-gnome" in the available packages).

So I start LXDE instead, try to start the package manager (hoping to
add online mirrors for extra packages) and find that it isn't installed.
I then try to install rpmdrake using urpmi and it fails because of
lib64webgtk1.0 ("due to unsatisfied webkit 1.0").

So, it seems the 700MB ISO isn't really usable except if you want to
restrict yourself to testing LXDE and Firefox (or are willing to
configure extra sources by hand on the command-line).

Regards

Antoine.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:12:18 +0200
Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com>