[Mageia-discuss] Mageia-discuss Digest, Vol 7, Issue 32 Torrent File

Morgan Leijström fri at tribun.eu
Mon Mar 21 23:50:24 CET 2011

Den 2011-03-21 21:48:20 skrev Sander Lepik:
> 21.03.2011 21:42, Doug Laidlaw kirjutas:
> > Linux Tracker had the dual.  I got a torrent from there for the DVD and
> > gave it my ISO file.  It added some data to the ISO, despite an earlier
> > MD5 check.

Investigating it, I see that all three Alpha2 torrents @ linuxtracker include
the .idx, .md5, and .sha1 files.

That is very nice, and i used to do so earlier, but as the dual @ thepiratebay
was the single .iso I also put up the DVD isos with only .iso files.

Pity we now have two versions and split swarm.

I will withdraw the iso-only torrents from thepiratebay (but keep seeding)
and upload torrents with same full file content and hash as theese to populate
same swarms, but i aslo include multi tracker info.

> > I hope that the original being seeded is O.K.  All md5 etc and
> > .txt files are included with the torrent, but it was definitely the ISO
> > that was incomplete.
> >
> > Doug.
>
> I'm the author of those torrents. As i didn't find any more official
> torrents.
>
> Torrents:
> http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=da5192b9d6b9010f5
>f8f420eb9c29f9211e8d621
> http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=6836b56dfd2ba7b77
>d27987f234f64f3b0a08f37
> http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=01e74e9a924bc8b1e
>8166adf0c3c33cdff16107a
>
> If you already have some of those ISOs downloaded from ftp and want to help
> with sharing: 1. Start downloading torrent
> 2. When it has populated files, pause torrent
> 3. Overwrite ISO with the one from ftp
> 4. Force recheck
> 5. Continue downloading torrent
> 6. Happy seeding! ;P
>
> All ISOs were checked with md5sum before creating torrents, so they should
> be ok.
>
> --
> Sander

OK, nice.
I did not know about them @ linuxtracker as all i have got last days when i
try to browse there is "Fatal error: Call to a member function set() on a
non-object in /home/mangeli/linuxtracker.org/include/functions.php on line
844"
...re-checking now i realise this only happens using Opera, my primary
browser, but not Firefox, so I will tell linuxtracker it broke.

/Morgan