[Mageia-discuss] Poll: Which Desktop Environment will you be using on Mageia?

Anna Lawless lalawless at wingets.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 22:55:35 CET 2011

From: Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>
To: Mageia general discussions <mageia-discuss at mageia.org>
Subject: Re: [Mageia-discuss] Poll: Which Desktop Environment will you
	be	using on Mageia?

Am Donnerstag 24 M?rz 2011, 14:04:45 schrieb Tux99:
> I have set up an informal poll on the Mageia-ML gateway Forum to get an
> idea how popular the various desktop environments (KDE, Gnome, LXDE, XFCE,
> etc.) are among us Mageia users.
And why? You won't get any data which will be in the vicinity of being
statistically representative.
So why take the time and effort to create and manage such a poll?

I've seen many polls about "favourite desktops" over the years and either
they
went straight into a flame war or there was so little participation that
every
data gotten from them was worthless.

And what do you want to achieve with the data? A maintainer using KDE
himself
won't begin maintaining XFCE just because there are people wanting to have
it...

So again, why?

Oliver

I know that a multi-choice poll takes more than seconds to set up, but I use
Gnome, XFCE, LXDE, Fluxbox and WM as well as sometimes KDE.
Gnome and XFCE are both used equally, so I can't name a single DM. How many
more like this, especially in the early stages where the idea is to get the
distro ready for release?
If the vote was for the most popular DE to use for a live production CD I'd
guess KDE, but this is to find out what current users use?

Lesley Lawless