[Mageia-discuss] Easyurpmi forMageia ?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun May 22 17:22:08 CEST 2011

2011/5/22 Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms at unige.ch>:
> There appears to be a large number of users who are not satisfied with the
> Mandriva way of mirror selection (count me in). But this should not
> automatically be interpreted to "Mageia needs easyurpm". Why not submit the
> "standard" mirror selection offered by Mageia to an evolution that takes the
> opinions expressed into account? - and really make things like easyurpm
> unnecessary? Mageia is a community distro!
>
> Question - what is more difficult: come to a common opinion on a solution
> where everybody is happy, or do the corresponding implementation???

Of course, as I said, I'd be happy if such additional 3rd party
applications would not be necessary.

I've also listed the requirements: :
- a filter option to select only mirrors with tainted repos for those
who want to use them (a MUST HAVE)
- urpmi/rpmdrake being able to check the selected mirror for
availability and uptodate status before using the mirror (a MUST HAVE)
- ability of urpmi/rpmdrake to switch to another mirror if the
availability and/or uptodate status is not given (a MUST HAVE)
- option to switch the mirror during a session if connection speed is
too slow (compared to other known mirrors) (a NICE TO HAVE)

--
wobo