[Mageia-discuss] Easyurpmi forMageia ?

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Sun May 22 17:23:45 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 16:51, Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms at unige.ch> wrote:
> There appears to be a large number of users who are not satisfied with the
> Mandriva way of mirror selection (count me in). But this should not
> automatically be interpreted to "Mageia needs easyurpm". Why not submit the
> "standard" mirror selection offered by Mageia to an evolution that takes the
> opinions expressed into account?

This is more for after Mageia 1 release. Hopefully, we will have
plenty of topics such as this one, that will be discussed/improved
during the Summer.

> Question - what is more difficult: come to a common opinion on a solution
> where everybody is happy, or do the corresponding implementation???

You won't please everybody anyway. So prototype something
working/square enough for evaluation, with constraints/rules you find
(or even better, find an existing solution - there must be some
already existing). That suppose that the need is properly defined,
written down first (part of it is "what is not satisfying currently"
and "how can this be done within Mageia infrastructure").

Romain