[Mageia-discuss] Easyurpmi forMageia ?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun May 22 18:23:47 CEST 2011

2011/5/22 Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com>:
> On 22 May 2011 10:01, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> You can do that in the Media Manager, File - Add a specific media mirror
>>> (the list of mirrors is displayed), or if your mirror is a private mirror,
>>> File - Add a custom medium (select "create media for an entire
>>> distribution").
>>
>> Yes, I know that but it's not the point here. I sure know how to add a
>> mirror to my /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg using vi, I sure know how to add a
>> mirror using 'urpmi.addmedia', and I sure know how to add a mirror
>> using "Add" in the media manager in MCC. But still I normally use this
>> web tool because 1) I don't have to care for typos and 2) it's soooo
>> convenient.
>
> Open "configure media sources for install and update" -> File -> Add a
> specific media mirror:
> - it's already there on your box if you have rpmdrake installed
> - there're no typos, you don't type anything here, it fetches the list
> of mirrors and you can select the one you want
> - what's not convenient about that :)
>
> This method is the GUI equivalent of doing 'urpmi.addmedia --distrib
> <mirror URL>'.

Yes, really! I never tried this one because in Mandriva my
main/favourite/fastest/closest mirror was not on the official mirror
list (another story).. But this list is not showing any information
about the update status and availability of the mirror, so it is only
useful if you have a certain mirror in mind which you know to be
reliable.

Ok, so then this part of the case is closed, of course. Pls take my
apologies for asking for something which is already there but I did
not know.

--
wobo